Client 6.0 + Win XP SP2 = instant client crash

Asterix

Trying to re-install Retro Client 6.0 onto a box after it was upgraded to XP2. Client crashes during install, after login, and if double-clicked. Added Retro TCP/UDP ports & retroclient.exe to SP2 firewall. Tried downloading latest 6.0 client. No luck. Tried emailing Tech Support but got a form reply saying try the forum as support is no longer provided frown.gif

Any ideas anyone? TIA.

I restarted my backup server last night; came in this morning to find ALL clients on my network crashed.

Restarted clients, restarted server, but clients are now crashing during backup. What happened?!?

Clients are all WinXP SP2, last available Retrospect client for Windows, and Retrospect 6.0.206 Multiserver.

Thanks for any ideas!

I am using a Win NT SP6 and Retrospect 6.0, for the last 4 days the clients have been crashing. Prior to this the system was stable and running for last 30 months fine. Have tried restarting, reloading software using repair option on client and server, but no joy. frown.gif

Posted my problem in the Server, SBS and MultiServer forum and found someone else too who has the same problem appear just recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived