can't read, error -1004 (Database Backup/Restore error)

scottthompson

I ran the backup manually once and had success. Once I created an automatic backup with a script it started. Now I cant even run an automatic backup without it happening. Also, I am getting another error in Activity Monitor/Events that reads, "Script Error: no source volumes specified." I checked the script and SQLServer is selected as a source.

TIA,

Scott

I see..

Try changing the sources of your script to be the individual databases on the SQL server. Not just the SQL server container.

Did unlicensing/relicensing the SQL sever in the Retrospect configure->volumes window make a difference?

Thanks

Nate

I tried that. Coincidently, I purchased a year of tech support from Dantz and THAT guy couldnt figure it out. I an getting another error in EV when I try to do an automated backup using Enterprise Manager. Do you think they might be related?

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DB Maintenance Plan1'' (0xAE93FC57F4BBB24EAC6F90AD165B993F) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2004-11-19 02:00:01 - Message: The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (PULIZ04\Administrator) of job DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DB Maintenance Plan1' has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'PULIZ04\Administrator'. [sqlSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

It could very well be related. It looks like an authentication error to me. If access permissions aren't set up properly Retrospect will definitely have trouble backing up the databases.

Are you in a domain environment or is all authentication taking place on the local machine?

Thanks

Nate

Archived