changing NIC on Linux Client loses client access to server

I just upgraded a Linux client with a gigbit NIC. The client was working before I installed the new NIC. I used the same IP address as the old NIC. Now the Retrospect server can't find the client and gives an error 530. I can ping the client successfully even thought the Retrospect server application cannot even find the host using the IP address. I tried removing the Retroclient on the Linux client and installing it again. Still no luck. Is this a problem with the Piton name service? I looked into finding information on how Piton name service works but couldn't find any documentation. If it is, how can the client database be updated to access the client. I tried this same upgrade to a Windows and OSX client with no problems. This is looking like a bug to me since the problem only exists with the Linux client. Any help is appreciated.

Hi

Retrospect shouldn't care what NIC is on the machine as long as it is working properly. Did the firewall rules get reset when you changed the NIC? It may be blocking communication on port 497 now...

One thing to try is to stop the client service (rcl) delete the client settings file retroclient.state and then restart it with retroclient --setpass option.

Nate

Archived