bug reporting should be free, as well as bug fixes

today

The last time I tried to report a bug in the software, I wasn't allowed to since I didn't have a support contract. That seems to be a little bit silly to me. I realize that providing support is expensive, but I'm not asking you how to set up a tape rotation scheme, I'm simply trying to report faults in the software. I would think that would be beneficial to all your customers.

Further, I don't like paying for an upgrade to get a bug fix. It would be nice if you would release service packs for previous releases. You already do this for drivers and critical show-stopping bugs.

• 6 months later...

I just found what appears to be a pretty damn large bug in the Windows Single Server 6.0 product. I haven't reported it yet, but if I have to actually pay for it to be heard, nevermind fixed, I sure won't be bothering to tell Dantz about it - it'll be the Internet community who hears first.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

if we find that your issue is a product bug

Than it all comes down to the old ethernal question is it bug or is it feature.

For example: Help works only in between tasks of Proactive Backup. If backup is building a snapshot for 30 minutes the help will not work for 30 minutes (and if you teminate Help during that time you'll effectively terminate Retrospect)! I can imagine it is by design (no multitasking) , but functionally it is a bug.

my 2 cents worth.

cheers,

Mikee

Quote:

For example: Help works only in between tasks of Proactive Backup. If backup is building a snapshot for 30 minutes the help will not work for 30 minutes (and if you teminate Help during that time you'll effectively terminate Retrospect)! I can imagine it is by design (no multitasking) , but functionally it is a bug.

Btw, I think this one is a bug. It only happens if Help is spawn from within Proactive Backup window... If I use Help from within main window Help works as it should, unafected by other RS tasks.

This bug report is free wink.gif of charge.

Mikee

Archived