Sign in to follow this  
ggirao

Using SQL Server

I'm using Retrospect 9 for mac and a version for a win 2008 R2 with SQL server running. Is it necessary to run any add on to backup sql server? Can you show me any tutorial, please? TY

• Like 1

Retrospect 9 for Macintosh can not back up SQL databases. You would need to use Retrospect for Windows along with the SQL Server Add-on license.

• Like 1

Hello MayOff, I use the WIndows Client (7.7.xx), not enough? Should I install a parallel retrospect server on my Win2008 Machine for that?

The client version is not the issue. Only Retrospect for Windows can back up SQL. You would need to purchase a Retrospect 7.7 for Windows license code plus the SQL add-on license to back up SQL.

• Like 1

I have a full licence. Do you suggest install the retrospect server on my Win2008 machine for the SQL then? I can still control the remaining servers to backup from the mac retro server, right?

Retrospect 9 for Macintosh and Retrospect 7.7 for Windows are different products that you must purchase individually.

If you purchased Retrospect 7.7 for Windows to back up your SQL server, then that server will manage those backups. Your old Retrospect for Macintosh server would control all of your other backups.