Error -3420

Hello,

I've got an error message when backing up single Inboxes.

/log

T-631:TMailboxFolder: :OpenEntry: bad hr = 0x8004010f

Inboxname\foldername\'long number' Error -3420 (unknown)

/endlog

Could someone tell me what's the meaning of this?

executer

• 3 weeks later...

I have this exact same problem, except it is affecting a large number of mailboxes. Also, the link to the the exchange page is not particularly helpful.

Frankly, I don't know anything about Exchange, I just want things to work, without any maintenance, which it did for about 4 months.

When I follow the directions on the exchange page, I right click on a user, select Exchange Tasks, but creating a new user mailbox is not one of the options. Even it it were, there are no instructions for exporting a mailbox as a .pst, nor are their instructions for importing a .pst, both key parts of this exercise.

So basically, your product doesn't backup my mailboxes, and I'm wondering why I own it.

hi hater,

Quote:

Frankly, I don't know anything about Exchange, I just want things to work, without any maintenance, which it did for about 4 months.

do you think this may be the root of your problem? i don't recall anyone ever saying that administering an Exchange server was a no brainer.

• 10 months later...

>do you think this may be the root of your problem? i don't recall anyone ever saying that administering an Exchange server was a no brainer.

There was no need to be rude about it. Not everyone has been trained to be a system administrator. Small businesses often have to do what they can -- that's the whole reason for Small Business Server 2003.

Anyway, I kept getting this error as well. The link in the KB that was given is not appropriate for SBS 2003. Perhaps it works with a full version of Exchange 2003.

Here's a link on how to accomplish pretty much the same thing:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=84&threadID=174069&messageID=1820531

It's a little cumbersome, and took a few tries to get it to work correctly. I think that my Exchange server has some problems -- I couldn't get the newly created mailbox to appear in the mail store until I played around for a while, restarting the service, etc.

The only problem is that you have to do this at each user's workstation to recreate their mailbox. But it seems to cure the problem.

Archived