Where did the client "Priority" slider go in 8.2.0 (177)

bobbodavis

OK I'm still running server 7.7.114 at this time, but have upgraded by client version to 8.2.0 (177) so maybe that's the problem. I did this though, because I like the new client much better as it actually places an icon in the Windows notification bar that lets me know when a backup ran, or if it didn't run for a few days.  In the older version, Windows would blow up your screen with a UAC notification that you had to allow to see the message and that was ANNOYING to have to go through the UAC process which was like a mini display change to view the message and revert back.

So, as my setup is (server 7.7.114 and client 8.2.0) I currently don't see a "Priority" slider option anymore on the client side.  Also, the clients I did upgrade to 8.2.0 clients show up on the server with only 20% priority by default.  When they we're running 7.7.114 we had set them to 80% priority so I'm not sure why it chose to default to 20%.  If anything, it should have set to the default, which used to be 100%, if I'm not mistaken?    

Has the priority slider been removed in version 8.2.0, is it a bug in the 8.2.0 client for the priority and/or is this just an inconsistency in my case because the server version is older than the client version?

post-46146-0-59848000-1378940967_thumb.png

post-46146-0-32345000-1378941639_thumb.png

• Like 1

The priority slider was removed in the Retrospect 8 client.  While the Retrospect 7 client includes a priority slider UI, the slider bar is "disconnected" and doesn't do anything. It was a legacy UI element for a feature removed many years ago.

The 80% or 20% priority you see is actually a cosmetic bug. Backup priority is dynamic and changes automatically based on the activity on the computer.