device support for Pioneer DVR-106B?

Hi

I have a G4 running MacOS 9.2.2 with Retrospect 5.0.238, my backup device is a firewire Pioneer DVR-106B.

Retrospect doesn't recognize the device, and I have installed the newest device driver.

Anybody knows if there is a difference between DVR-106 and DVR-106B, because the first one is on the list of supported devices.

kind regards

Barup

I didn't do a whole lot of research (Google search), but the only DVR-106B drives I could find were IDE, not Firewire. I'm assuming you put the drive in your own Firewire enclosure.

If you look in our Hardware guide (www.dantz.com/hardware) you'll see that the EZ Quest Boa Firewire DVR-106D drive is supported, however, the "D" version and the "B" version may be worlds apart in terms of not only the firmware, but also the Firewire bridge.

I'm in no way stating that because the EZ Quest version works, that your drive should work - I'm only pointing out that drives that appear similar may not actually be that similar.

That being said, the Pioneer DVR-106B is not natively supported by Retrospect, however, the Auto-Configurator can build a driver for many unsupported drives. This feature was not introduced until Retrospect 5.1.

Archived