Can't access volume DATA (D:) on WGSUK, error -519 (network communication failed)

I am unable to backup a D: drive on my server, I am able to succesfully backup the C: drive.

I have read the tech articles about troubleshooting 519 problems but no success. The only way I can bacup D: is if I un-install the client and then re-install so it thinks it is first access. I am also able to browse the drive using the Volumes manager.

I'm all out of ideas, and refuse to pay the incident fee for software which cost me a fair few quid, especially since I have had it less than 8 weeks! Anyone got any ideas to help me out here?

Run a disk utility on the D: drive.

Make sure it's jumpered properly. Make it a master drive.

Check the cables.

Move the drive to another computer (local or client) and see if the same problem occurs. If so, you may have a drive problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to solve this problem.

I had originally setup a Backup source group in the Volumes manager. I added all the servers I wished to backup to this group then added this source group to a backup script. The three other servers in this group backup fine, the other one did not. I removed the problem server from the source group and added it manually via the 'sources' button in the script manager.

It seems to work correctly now, the server has backed up correctly since making this change. I do not know why it does not backup when added via a source group perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge would be able to enlighten me?

If anyone else has had similar difficulties then I suggest doing what I did to see if the problem is rectified.

Archived