Disk Grooming - cannot seem to reclaim space

We have about 64 clients backing up laptop data, and our 200 gig drive is almost full. I've been trying to reclaim space, but no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to work.

Setup:

Retrospect Single Server, version 7.0.265.

Microsoft Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, SP2.

What I have done so far:

1. I have reduced the number of backup sets for each laptop to 2 each, under Configure -> Backup Sets -> Properties.

2. I have gone into Volumes and Backup Sets and Clients and told the system to "Forget" anyone who is not current, or who has left the company. Whenever the system asks me to groom the database, I say yes.

Yet, I got back MAYBE a gig or two. It seems like the system is not actually forgetting anything. I had a Backup Set with NO clients in it that weighed in at 10 gigs. I sent to Configure -> Backup Sets and deleted the "empty" backup set. I should have gotten back 10 gigs of space.

Nothing.

Please help?

3GB per user seems fine if they are using web applicatons to do the majority of work.

"I had a Backup Set with NO clients in it that weighed in at 10 gigs. I sent to Configure -> Backup Sets and deleted the "empty" backup set. I should have gotten back 10 gigs of space."

That doesn't sound right.. so you removed all the snapshots, groomed the backup set and it was still showing as 10GB in size?

You then deleted the backup set and it was still showing 10GB as being used?

Rich