Damaged Media Set Member, What Now?

[color:blue]System:[/color] Mac Mini, 10.6.2, (Retrospect-81626) backing up MacBook Pro Client (6.3027) to NAS drive via 10/1000 Ethernet.

[color:blue]Problem:

[/color]A scheduled backup failed with this message in the log, " [color:red]Additional error information for Disk Media Set member "1-Laptop", Can't write to file /Volumes/backups-5/Retrospect/Laptop/1-Laptop/AB000081.rdb, error -1124 ( invalid NTFS data)".[/color]

Not sure what to do next, I attempted to rebuild the Catalog.

After attempting to rebuild a Catalog, the following error message was in the Log, [color:red]"The Disk Media Set data file "AB000081.rdb" reported missing by user".[/color]

[color:blue]Question[/color]:

Can I delete the "bad" data file and attempt another backup or should I delete the catalog and the entire Media Set and start a new backup from scratch.

TIA

Lino,

Because you are using Retrospect 8.1, you would have a better chance at getting an answer to your question if you posted in the Retrospect 8 forum. Here's the link to that forum:

Retrospect 8 for Macintosh Forum

This is the Retrospect 6.x forum. Yes, I know that it's not clear from the names of the forums, and many people have asked that the forum names be made more clear, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Russ