Store the catalog somewhere else?

I think my question is similar to steffi's. How do I redirect the catalog files from the C: drive where Retrospect lives to a drive on the same computer but with much more free space? Thanks.

Jenny

In order for us to answer this, you first need to answer Lennart's question, which Steffi never answered:

What kind of backup set are we talking about here?

Also need to confirm what version of Retrospect (x.x.x) you are running. It matters.

In most cases (unsure if this applies to you, Jenny, in the absence of facts), you just move the catalog files and then open them, which tells Retrospect where they are. Need to open each one.

I would suggest, after you move them (copy then delete), to also save them away somewhere, for two reasons:

(1) delete them from the old location, to be sure that Retrospect is not using the old files at the old location - this can be confusing; and

(2) by backing them up, you can save yourself a lot of time if they ever get damaged and you have to rebuild them. You would simply have to update them rather than rebuilding from scratch.

Russ