Retro 8.1 Error -1012 can't read specific files

Hello All,

Sorry. I posted to the wrong forum since you moved things around a bit here, thought that this was a sub-forum of Retro 8.x. Can't move the post myself. Will re-post to the correct group. I don't think this can be deleted, but will try to do so.

Here are specific errors in the copy phase that results in error -1012 with the latest build of Retro 8.1 on several different clients. Obviously this will mean that those files will not exist on the backup and cannot be restored.

Specific email information in the files descriptions have been deleted for security. Otherwise nothing has been changed

I'd like to find out if these types of files indicating that reading this file is an "unsupported feature", if files will ever be copyable, and if this is a known issue for all these files. Searching for this error in the KB yields no information on the error.

Restoring email files is important to me and it seems that only certain files (perhaps those in the process of being received?) are marked that way. I do all backups at late hours to avoid machine use, however on laptop clients it is possible that apps are left open when machines are docked for backup. Perhaps this is an issue which should be addressed?

From the log:

+ Normal backup using My Daily Backup Script at 9/23/2009 11:01 PM (Execution unit 1)

To Media Set RS8_Daily Backup Set 4...

- 9/23/2009 11:01:44 PM: Copying Macintosh HD on BubbaMacPro

>

*File "Macintosh HD/Users/bubba/Library/Application Support/MobileMeSyncClient/.owner.pid": can't read, error -1012 ( feature unsupported)

>

*File "Macintosh HD/Users/bubba/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/Local/clientdata/a42ff0467db06327510fd9af046aea90e00da9c8/constructedids.synciddb-journal": can't read, error -1012 ( feature unsupported)

>

*File "Macintosh HD/Users/bubba/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/Local/clientdata/a42ff0467db06327510fd9af046aea90e00da9c8/data.syncdb-journal": can't read, error -1012 ( feature unsupported)

>

*File "Macintosh HD/Users/bubba/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/Local/clientdata/a42ff0467db06327510fd9af046aea90e00da9c8/recordids.synciddb-journal": can't read, error -1012 ( feature unsupported)

>

*File "Macintosh HD/Users/bubba/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/Local/TFSM/com.apple.MailConfiguration/data.syncdb-journal": can't read, error -1012 ( feature unsupported)

9/23/2009 11:54:50 PM: Snapshot stored, 281.0 MB

*File "Macintosh HD/Users/xxxxxxx/Library/Mail/POP-xxxxxxx@pop.gmail.com/INBOX.mbox/Messages/32804.emlx": can't read, error -1012 ( feature unsupported)