Can't perform simultaneous backups

The read me file clearly states that Retrospect can perform multiple simultaneous backups, yet when we try to perform more than 1 backup at a time, it gives us an exclamation point in the "Activity" window and tells us it is WAITING. We already have the preferences set to allow for 8 simultaneous activity threads. Why did you guys release this product and make people pay money for a product that is clearly still in beta?

Edited by Guest

The only way to run multiple simultaneous backups is to ensure that each device being backed up is in its own script, and that it is being backed up to its own Media Set.

It is a management nightmare.

You can also use something called a proactive backup, but you wont have any control over order, it is just based on the "age" since last backup.

I think this one needs to go back in the oven.

You can (sort of) control the backup order of a Proactive Script if you "defer" the next backup time accordingly. Then it'll attempt to backup something 24 hours again after that.

I would think that I wouldn't want "multiple writes" to the same disk media set at any time. If something got hosed, that could be really dangerous.