Error: Problems were detected during each of the last 7 backups

luannvodder

I've seen posts about this over the past couple of years with seemingly no resolution. I've used my Maxtor OneTouch II drive with Retrospect Express HD for the past 3 years. The first 2.5 years were mostly problem-free, but for at least the past 6 months, I suddenly started getting the infamous error:

Problems were detected during each of the last 7 backups.

Click here to make changes

Clicking "here" does nothing. I tried deleting a bunch of old backups and rebuilding the index, to no avail. I deleted > the last 7 backups, but no change. The number "7" in the error message appears arbitrary, as this has been going on for months. I'm starting to get concerned that my backups are not complete, and I want to get this resolved since my backup drive is supposed to be giving me peace of mind. Long I ago I installed the only software update Seagate/Maxtor has on their web site, v. 1.1.127. I'm not sure what else to do.

Ideas??

thanks,

Luann

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luann,

7 is arbitrary number as it will report that message anytime there has been errors for the last 7 backups. To find out what the errors are you can click on restore then highlight the restore point that you want to check the errors on and there will be an icon towards the top that looks like a sheet of paper, if you highlight it the tool tip should say operations log or log.