Contents browser won't let me drill into the disclosure triangles

I am running Retrospect 6.1.126 on Mac OS X.4.10 and I wanted to verify what I have in my backup set, so I can fine tune my selectors. I ran the Contents Reports from the Reports Tab, and selected my backup set successfully. The window that comes up has a two pane format, with unreadable text presumably listing the contents on the left, and a browser on the right with disclosure triangles. However, clicking on the disclosure triangles has no effect at all. Is this part of the code just broken, or is there some magic trick I don't know about? Alternatively, does anyone know another way to browse the contents of a backup set? I've tried using the Restore dialogs and it uses the same browser, which has the same problem through the restore interface as well.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it because I have tried everything I can think of, including searching technical support and the forums.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hmmm, it's obviously all about the search terms, isn't it. I guess I could have tried some other terms, but after trying a few and getting nowhere, I thought perhaps it hadn't been discussed...triangle was probably the key word I should have tried. Many thanks for replying to my post. Such a small change in clicking behaviour, and all of a sudden it works like magic. Too bad it doesn't work like the rest of the OS.

Strangely, some of the threads referred to in the thread you referred me to give me Access Denied. But the main post solved my problem - holding the mouse on the triangle until you see visual feedback, with the triangle changing colour, and then releasing the mouse, expands the folder list.

Ivan

Quote:

it's obviously all about the search terms, isn't it.

Yep. And since your original post used exactly the correct term for the OS X interface element in question, it matched up with my old post that used the same term. Yet Another Reason to use precise language in technical discussions.

G'day!

Dave

Archived