Problems with 7.5: Proactive doesn't work as expected, error -505

Hi.

Three of my Proactive scripts have two servers in the Source Groups, that's six servers total. In one group, one of the servers reported error -505, and the script just halted for days (activity monitor source status: BUSY). The email notification doesn't work as it should, since it did not report anything, why? I did receive an email about a successful job though (the other server in the script went just fine). The notification should include the server's name, since it doesn't give the needed info when there are several servers in a Source Group. I managed to get the agent/client running and for now it works fine. This server is btw absolutely idle, there are no other jobs of any kind going on.

For a number of reasons I have a schedule for these Proactive scripts. Yesterday a backup started 13 minutes before the specified stop time (27 hours after the previous) - what's the logic here? There is a window of 6 hours to complete the job. How do I make it start when it should? Should I be using only scheduled jobs?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived