Benq DVD DD DW1650 drive

Then you've pretty much answered your own question. It's not supported, it may or may not work; hard to see how support could be removed in a later version unless it's an OS issue rather than a Retrospect issue. If you are lucky, it's a rebranded version of a supported drive. How does Retrospect 6.5 list it?

No, I installed Vista and then installed Retrospec 7.5. There was no point installing 6.5 on Vista as its incompatible. Would it make any difference?

I have set up a dual boot with Windows XP, installed 6.5 and it detected my Benq drive immediately and offered it to be configured.

I will then try 7.5 afterwards on XP and see if that works, if so, the hardware should be fine. Could be a bug with Retrospec and vista....

I have tried installing 6.5 and then 7.5 plus the 370 patch and that has made no difference.

I have installed 7.5 on Windows XP Pro SP2 and that has picked my drives no problem (after updating from 6.5). So, there must be a bug with Vista thats preventing my drives from being recognised.

The only other thing I tried was copying my working config files from my XP partition to vista, but that does not make any difference either!