Missing Tape Library (Spectra Logic Treefrog)

We have this Spectra Logic Tape library with a Sony AIT-1 drive. The Library is the "Treefrog" when I'm back in at work I can probably get the exact model. This model is not listed on the compatibility listing. however, the EMC people on the phone said that it may not be on there because it simply hasn't been tested but it probably works fine.

I have found it works just fine, for the most part. It reads the barcodes on the tapes, it changes and everything is just fine.

However, it seems after Retrospect has been running or if I do some intensive stuff with the tapes it ends up causing the library to disappear. Normally the only way I can get it to show up again is to reboot the computer. However, this evening I rebooted the server and it still doesn't show up.

Once I get into the office tomorrow I will have to shut down both and turn them both on again. I am only testing this software, I have a demo version, however, I probably won't buy this if the thing is going to end up being like this.

Is there any other solution to this problem? Perhaps an update or something? perhaps it's the scsi card?