Trialing Express HD 2.0 - Issue and Question

DrInfoman

Hi...

Issue...

a) Message balloon appears at system try icon after nightly incremental backup today....something about "problems have been experienced for 7 days...click here for more info" - I clicked - balloon goes away, not brought anywhere...nothing to see within HD 2.0 - ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

B) Question - how can backup drive space and/or # of backups saved be controlled? I see no way to control this. Express HD 2.0 pretty much runs and does the backup - almost nothing available for any type of control, log viewing, etc. - and when I say "almost nothing", let's make that "nothing". I mean, I know the idea here is simplicity, but c'mon, EMC. It's way overdone with HD 2.0.

Thanks...

Andy

Ok, thanks...

Now I see the logs, and every night, it's telling me there is nothing to back up. How can that be? Because some windows files get a "sharing violation", which I'm not really too concerned about; however, important OUTLOOK files, for one, show...

Documents and Settings\Andy\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst": can't read, error -1111 (locked range conflict)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst": can't read, error -1111 (locked range conflict)

I don't know what this is, but Retrospect 7.0 did the job fine. Another issue I have with both of these products is that it APPEARS there is no way to control or limit the backup target space, because - at least with 7.5 - my backup hard drive always ran out of space, even though I had number of backups to keep set at "2".

Thanks...

Andy

Archived