I can't "push" the new Windows 7.5.116 .rcu file from my Mac server

Hi all,

I downloaded the new 7.5.116 Windows client installer and moved the .rcu file to my Mac servers so I could "push" the update.

When I try to update a 7.0 client from my Mac 6.1 server, I get the message:

Can't update <computer>, error 523

(service transaction error).

Any ideas why this update can not be pushed to my Windows Clients?? I was able to push updates to my Mac clients with no problems.

- Steve

This is a known issue when with the 7.5 client with a Mac backup server. Currently the only way to update is to manually install the client. From a Mac backup server, there is currently no benefit in going to the 7.5 client so you can push out the latest 7.0 client which should work fine.

• 11 months later...

I am experiencing this same problem that Steve had (almost a year ago): when trying to "push" the Windows 7.5.116 update using Retrospect Backup 6.1.126 (on Mac OS X 10.3.9), I get the same 523 error.

I used a 7.0.107 updater by mistake and reverted a few of my 7.5 clients (which installed by hand) back to 7.0, so the updating mechanism seems to work, but not with 7.5. I also had no trouble pushing Mac clients the last time I did that a few months ago.

Is there a solution for this problem? Thanks for any help.

- Martin

Quote:

I am experiencing this same problem that Steve had (almost a year ago):

Which was handily explained, also a year ago, that it's a know issue with Retrospect 6.1.x.

So unless and until the next update to Retrospect has a fix, it will remain a known issue. Quite possibly forever.

Quote:

Quote:

I am experiencing this same problem that Steve had (almost a year ago):

Which was handily explained, also a year ago, that it's a know issue with Retrospect 6.1.x.

So unless and until the next update to Retrospect has a fix, it will remain a known issue. Quite possibly forever.

Can you point me to the explanation? Was this documented by Dantz/EMC? Or is there another thread here that describes it? There was no reply to the original post in this thread, and I searched both the forum archives and Knowledge Base articles for quite some time before I posted. I was unable to find anything describing this issue.

Quote:

Can you point me to the explanation? Was this documented by Dantz/EMC?

Yes, yes. See the 5/11/2006 post a few up in this thread from RonaldL. There hasn't been an update to Retrospect Mac since then, may not be one for a long time except minor tweaks to make it "work" (whatever the definition of that is) with Leopard whenever that happens.

Russ

Archived