Hi

I'm using Retrospect 6.0.1 on an Xserve running 10.3.9 and a Sony Tape drive. The backup sets were running fine every evening until last last week. I do an incremental backup of the server so it scans file and folders on the server and compares with what is on the tape already and then copies the relevant new files to the tape.

However...it seems to have stopped doing that and now when the the script is activated retrospect is trying to backup 400gig rather than the average 5-8gig per day.

Now I run it but the tapes run out straight away. This happens every day and I'm very confused

Can anyone point me in the right direction or have any idea what the problem may be? I've looked on the server and can't find any duplicate files at all or even see any obvious problems there.

Many thanks

Ah, yeah now you come to mention it yes I think the problem did arise around that time. Does this mean it will affect the mod dates of all the files on the server? If so I have no choice but to run the full backup to get the incremental working again.

I will update retrospect later! Thanks for the heads up on that one.

Quote:

Ah, yeah now you come to mention it yes I think the problem did arise around that time. Does this mean it will affect the mod dates of all the files on the server? If so I have no choice but to run the full backup to get the incremental working again.

Hi.

The general problem was fixed years ago, but it still seems to affect a few users. I wonder why. Could be a bug in the "old" version of iMovie you are running.

How is the disk formatted? HFS+? NTFS? FAT32? UFS?

Archived