problems backing up a windwos networked computer

SO I keep getting the same errors for five files when backing up this Windows XP unit to my Mac's external HD. I know teh pdf file can be opened on both the mac and the pc, so I can't figure out why this error keeps showing up. Any ideas? Here is the error log:

∆ Retrospect version 6.1.126

launched at 3/5/2006 10:45 PM

+ Retrospect Driver Update, version 6.1.3.101

+ Normal backup using Siobhans Documents Mar 06 at 3/5/2006 10:47 PM

To backup set Siobhans Docs Mar 06…

- 3/5/2006 10:47:08 PM: Copying SIOBHANDOCS…

Can't read file “AZ Budget.pdf”, error -5000 (server: no privileges), path: “SIOBHANDOCS/Arizona/AZ Budget.pdf”.

Can't read file “TotalCostBailey.MDI”, error -5000 (server: no privileges), path: “SIOBHANDOCS/Arizona/TotalCostBailey.MDI”.

Can't read file “StartPage.mht”, error -5000 (server: no privileges), path: “SIOBHANDOCS/eFax Messenger 3.5/StartPage.mht”.

Can't read file “JEBailey”, error -5000 (server: no privileges), path: “SIOBHANDOCS/My Pictures/JEBailey”.

3/5/2006 10:48:48 PM: 4 execution errors.

Remaining: 4 files, 201 KB

Completed: 0 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

Duration: 00:01:40 (00:01:36 idle/loading/preparing)

Come to think of it: How do you backup the PC? Do you mount the shared drive on the Mac's desktop? You should instead use the Retrospect PC client on the PC.

If you DO need to mount the shared PC drive on the Mac's desktop, you should use the administrator user on the PC. As such, the administrator has read/write access to ALL files.

Archived