Backup from USB Drive to USB Drive

I am evaluating Retrospect for Mac and want to backup from a USB drive source to a USB drive destination attached to a MacBook Air running latest version of Sonoma.   Retrospect allows the setup and starts scanning the drive but never copies the files I want to backup.   I have no problem backing up from MacBook Air to USB.   Appreciate any advice.  

Eli  

It isn't clear what you want.

If you ONLY want an identical clone of the source drive, the Retrospect is not the right tool. ( "Carbon Copy Cloner" or "SuperDuper!" are better.)

Now, if you created a Media Set and added the destination drive as a member of that set, you can make a backup and then more backups keeping the full history of files.

So, what do you want?

I wanted to create the Media set.  After some additional test I discovered the problem.  I was connecting the two drives through a USB hub. When I removed the hub and connected to the two usb c ports on the MacBook Air the media set worked and the backup was completed.  The hub that interfered is an OWC travel hub.  

THANKS.