LTO restore - shopping list

When performing a restore of many file from a tapeset that has been active for many years, it would be great if Retrospect could tell me the tape names required to complete the restore before I'm prompted to enter a tape into the library. i.e tapes required '1-5, 18, 69, 104. I can them insert all those tapes into my library prior to the job starting.

When you hold many tapes, they aren't always on premises. It's crazy to wait until the moment a single file is attempted to be restored in a restore job that contains hundreds of files at only the moment Retrospect wants to restore that specific file from a tapeset. 

Thanks Lennart, but I think I went through that and it exported a huge CSV similar post by the original user below.

Thanks, that's helpful but that's quite a lengthy manual process. I was hoping it could just prompt me. "You will need Tapes X, X and X to complete this restore". If I'm restoring lots of files from lots of different folders this is an obnoxious process to have to go through.

8 minutes ago, Craigo5000 said:

Thanks Lennart, but I think I went through that and it exported a huge CSV similar post by the original user below.

Yes, a prompt like that would be helpful.

Unfortunately, I no longer work with tape backups, som I can't test the following myself.

If you import the csv into Excel, one of the columns would be the tape needed, right?

Then have Excel to remove all duplicates from that column would provide a neat list. (Maybe by first copy that column only into a new document and then remove duplicates.)

I found this:

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/remove-duplicate-rows-values-excel/