Retrospect 17.5.2.103 not recognizing my desktop license

DaveD

I had to reimage the C drive on my Windows 10 laptop yesterday and after doing so installed the version of Retrospect Desktop I am using. The first step after installing the 17.5.2.103 zip file is to enter the license code in the "Getting Started with Retrospect"  window, which I did, many times--upper case, lower case, dashes, no dashes. It always returns the message "Sorry, that code failed. (needs code for Retrospect Desktop or similar application)". I even checked for an upgrade to 18 on the Retrospect website from the desktop by entering this license code, and it is valid. 

Could this rejection be caused by my use of a different account ID on the laptop versus the desktop (.outlook on the laptop, .gmail on the desktop)? If so, how do I make it work? I need to restore the system to this laptop quickly and move on. 

Thanks Lennart. I got it working by uninstalling Retrospect, downloading the archive copy again, and reinstalling. I suspect that the cause of the problem was that I had not downloaded the correct version; perhaps I had downloaded a non-USA version. In any case it is working now.

• Thanks 1