Time zone issue

cfieldgate

Hi,

I have recently installed the Linux 7.7 client on my NAS (Synology). I both backup up from (my photos) and to (my PCs) this NAS.

Since the time in the UK changed last Sunday (23rd March) I have noticed that while the NAS shows the correct time (it gets it from an ntp server running on my router) Retrospect shows the client time as -1 Hr - see attached.

Any idea why?

post-18605-0-00734700-1396381120_thumb.png

Lennart,

Yes, both get their time from the ntp server running on my router (UTM5, which automatically adjusts for DST).

On the NAS you can aslo set the Time Zone - it is set to (GMT) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. Under System Information | General it shows the correct time for UK BST.

As it is Linux based do you know if your Synology NAS maintains the hardware clock at UTC and then uses time zone information to show the local time in the UI? If this is the case and the Retrospect client takes the time from the hardware clock this could explain the time difference.

• 4 weeks later...