Disabling Instant Scan

I have a couple of clients machines that are using excessive CPU running instant scan and want to disable it for them.

The instructions:

-Retrospect Client version 10.1 for Macintosh
Open System Preferences.  Hold down the command key on the keyboard and click on Retrospect Client. Then click the Advanced tab. Click "Disable Instant Scan".

Doesn't work, as I get no Advanced tab when I do this. Client is 10.1.0 (221)

What gives?

It works for me on client version 10.1.0 (221). The "command" key is the Apple ⌘ key. There's a description of what to do (which is the same as what you've described, but with the addition of the ⌘ to make it clearer which key is meant) and a screenshot of what you should see here.

Problem solved. Turns out that only if you use the command key the FIRST time you select the RS Client will it work properly. If you select the RS client w/o the command key, subsequent selections with the command key are ignored until you quit System Preferences and open Preferences again. Seems like a minor bug, but since it's within preferences, it may be an Apple issue not be an RS problem. 

• 2 weeks later...