Scheduled backup using "any available media set"?

It appears the Proactive Backups will backup to whatever media set is available (and there isn't any way to specify a specific one).

But it seems there is no way to get the same functionality with Scheduled Backups - it'd be nice if as well as being able to select a media set, you could specify "any available" (and perhaps even "all available" which would backup to each available media set in turn).

My usage case is three rotating disk backups with two stored off site. I want the back up to whatever disk is currently mounted. And having "all available" would allow for a seamless initial setup - just plug in all disks and wait.

Thanks.

If you really want to do this, you could schedule your backup script to back up to each of your desired media sets beginning at a slightly staggered time. Then set a media request timeout in the main Retrospect preferences. I haven't tried this, but theoretically the script should cycle through each scheduled backup, timing out whenever the needed media was unavailable, until it came to a scheduled backup where the media was on-line.