can not install 10.0.0(174) client on Mountain Lion anymore

eweri

Hello!

A customer wanted to backup his MacBook Pro with "Proaktive"-Backup to a Windows server running Retrospect 8 for Windows.

A few weeks ago I setup everything and installed the client at his MacBook Pro but backups never completed. So I removed the "BOOTCAMP" volume from the list of volumes to be backuped and left "Macintosh HD" volume only.

But still backups never completed and after some time the customer called that Retrospect client does not startup anymore.

I looked for the MacBook Pro and saw that launchd tries to start retroclient but this always stops with error 2. So I stopped launchd and looked around for damaged preference files or something like that - the only thing I found was "retroclient.state" and the Retrospect directory within Application Support. So I removed some files and started launchd again with the same result - every 10 second restart, crash with error 2, ....

So I took the uninstaller and let it remove the retroclient completely and tried to reinstall the client and was very surprised that an error message at the end of the installation process occurred. The client was not installed completely. I removed it again, rebooted the system and give it another try - same result. I repaired permissions with disk utility and rebooted again, tried to reinstall from fresh downloaded installer - same problem.

I removed it again, went into Terminal I tried to install via cli - same result - at the end of the installation process comes a unspecified error message. There no messages at console or system.log.

Then I tried the same with Gatekeeper switched off - same result.

BTW. Now it is possible to start the retroclient, but the server can not connect to it because no password was setup during installation.

So at the end of the day I ended with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with no running retroclient installed. :(

Every hint is welcome, bye

eweri