Warning sign relates to scripts that operate at root level

kerryd

I have three scripts, two that are full system backups and one that is a USR backup. With the full system backup Ive noticed I get the yellow warning sign. Checking the log file, this usually relates to some file in a root level folder. As an example, there is a file mdworker32 that is generating these warning signs. I believe it was in library>app support>retrospect etc. I tried deleting it but I'm locked out by this folder as it appears to be owned by the root. I see nothing to worry about around these warning signs but I'd love to get rid of them.

Does anyone have any idea, as in the above, how i can enter this folder to remove that file which seems to have permissions restrictions thus generating the error.

Thanks

Kerry

Retrospect has always been a bit overenthusiastic for my tastes in the way it flags errors, but this is not a bug.

If certain files are causing error messages and are not important to your backup, the proper way to avoid the error messages is to exclude those files or their enclosing folders from your backups by creating a Rule and using that rule in your scripts.

Retrospect has always been a bit overenthusiastic for my tastes in the way it flags errors, but this is not a bug.

If certain files are causing error messages and are not important to your backup, the proper way to avoid the error messages is to exclude those files or their enclosing folders from your backups by creating a Rule and using that rule in your scripts.

That sounds like a good idea. I haven’t used Retrospect in quite a while so I’m rusty with it. I bought a portable to go on my home network and I didn’t think these warnings were that important but I’ll look at the logs again. Currently, I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting Retrospect to locate the portable. It will and then when I come back to it in say a couple of hours it just can’t find it agqin. You wouldn’t know what might be causing that by any chance.