I'm getting a error -1101 for files that are no longer on a drive being backed up. It only makes since that I would get this error as the files where deleted, however I'm not sure why Retrospect is looking for the files in the first place??? This system has been rebooted since I started receiving this error and the script re-ran, but I'm still receiving the error. Running Retrospect v10 on a Mac Running 10.6.8 Server. I'm only receiving this error for this particular directory (44647_Quaker....). How do I stop this error?

Sample of log:

+ Normal backup using RGI Nightly at 12/4/12 (Activity Thread 1)

To Backup Set

RGI Media Set... - 12/4/12 9:18:55 AM: Copying Art Using Instant Scan *File "/Volumes/Art/44647_QuakerbridgeInsightFall2012/.DS_Store": can't read, error -1101 ( file/directory not found) *File "/Volumes/Art/44647_QuakerbridgeInsightFall2012/44647_QuakerbridgeFall:Winter2012.pdf": can't read, error -1101 ( file/directory not found) *File "/Volumes/Art/44647_QuakerbridgeInsightFall2012/44647_QuakerbridgeFall2012.indd": can't read, error -1101 ( file/directory not found) *File "/Volumes/Art/44647_QuakerbridgeInsightFall2012/Document fonts/AdobeFnt14.lst": can't read, error -1101 ( file/directory not found)

Art is the name of one of the internal Hard-drives in the Server. There is much more in the Art Volume and it is all backing up fine. It appears to me to be just this one directory (44647_QuakerbridgeInsightFall2012) that was deleted last Thursday that Retrospect still seems to think is there, but can't backup because in actuality the directory was deleted. There are more errors in the log, but they are all and only related to this one directory.

You're confusing me a bit. Shouldn't I have a directory call Art in the Volumes? It is one of the drives on this computer. Anyway here is what is listed from the Volumes on my Server and Art is listed there, but I would think it should be.

XServer:Volumes george$ ls -al

ls: PrinergyJobs: Permission denied

ls: PrinergyJobs-1: Permission denied

ls: PrinergyJobs-2: Permission denied

total 104

drwxrwxrwt@ 14 root admin 476 Dec 3 22:03 .

drwxrwxrwx+ 31 root admin 1122 Mar 8 2012 ..

drwx------ 1 root wheel 16384 Aug 2 06:54 AraxiPreps

drwx------ 1 root wheel 16384 Aug 2 06:54 AraxiPreps-1

drwx------ 1 root wheel 16384 Aug 2 06:54 AraxiPreps-2

drwxrwxrwx+ 128 george staff 4420 Dec 4 09:32 Art

drwxrwxr-x+ 25 george staff 918 Dec 3 07:11 Data

d---------+ 16 george staff 612 Nov 19 09:08 Drobo

drwxrwxr-x+ 14 george staff 544 Nov 28 08:50 Drobo Backup

drwxrwxrwx+ 17 root admin 646 Dec 4 07:34 WIP

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 1 Dec 3 06:59 XServe -> /

The fix...

Agent Response:

This will happen if the RetroISA scan files are out of date for some reason. You can try to delete the scan files and see if that helps resolve the issue:

1) Stop the RetroISA process from the terminal utility:

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.retrospect.retroisa.plist

2) Go to Library/Application Support/Retrospect and delete the RetroISAScans folder

3) Start the RetroISA process again in the terminal utility with this command:

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.retrospect.retroisa.plist

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick follow up. After repeated RetroISAScans deleting (it seemed every other day I would start getting the same error) I decided to check my Server settings on this particular shared drive. Turns out the Group permissions for that drive had the permissions set to Other. I changed the permissions to Read and Wright as I thought they were, propagated the new setting to the drive and the problem has not occurred again. So there ya go, like usual...my fault. :wub: