Invalid Handle error?

I got tired of TextEdit and Preview's save location for new documents always defaulting to iCloud in Mountain Lion, so I turned off the iCloud sync option for "Documents & Data" in System Preferences. When I did that, a new folder appeared in my ~/Library folder called Mobile Documents.24086667. Okay, whatever.

But when I backup using Retrospect now, I get a bunch (14) execution errors and a red X next to the completed activity. The errors look like this:

*File "/Volumes/iMac HD/Users/amkassir/Library/Mobile Documents.24086667/243LU875E5~com~apple~movietrailers/.baseline/com.apple.movietrailers.4/13lRaLslGNDGXwquwOAXIr0mgPPB7Df17z6ip9rwJ5Q=/baseline.zip": can't read, error -1100 ( invalid handle)

Any ideas what an "invalid handle" is, why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lennart:

Thank you for checking in with me. After I posted my question--and before your kind response--I ended up deleting the folder in question, and of course this solved the problem. Admittedly it was not a very refined solution.

If I have time, I'll recreate the problem and try Disk Utility or DiskWarrior to see if those report/fix problems with the drive.

Thank you again! :)