VXA 1 Firewire - Wrong Version?

Hi all I wonder if you can help.

I have just dug out my old VXA 1 Firewire tape drive. I have a number of tapes created on a mac which was running OS X 10.? with retrospect 6.

Now when I tried to rebuild the tape catalogues for Retrospect 9 (as instructed by the manual) I receive a wrong version message. Looking at the manual it indicated that this could be a firmware issue. Or that I was trying to read Windows tapes (which I wan't). So I got what Tandemburg indicated was the latest drive v11101 and upgraded. (Although not sure if this hasn't downgraded as the original was 2D9D - any how have taken that up with tandenburg).

So now the unit is using firmware 1101 and still the same issue.

So how am I suppose to recatalogue my old tapes?

Incidently the unit would read the tapes in Retro 6 on an only mac (though I haven't tried this again since the firmware change)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Almost sure. I did start with a very early disk so maybe that was originally recorded with v5. I assume then if I upgraded from 5 to 6 half way through a backup set then I'd be able to read the later tapes?

Other wise I assume that the only way to get my data back is to rebuild on v6 on an old mac restore all the data to a HD and then re back up to tape.. Which will take months!

Almost sure. I did start with a very early disk so maybe that was originally recorded with v5. I assume then if I upgraded from 5 to 6 half way through a backup set then I'd be able to read the later tapes?

I don't think so. I think that you need a backup set started in v 6. But I'm not sure about that.