Copy taking too long

We have just had to upgrade our old Retrospect 6 install to 9 after a machine failure. One of the backups we have uses the copy backup to duplicate a server share to an external drive.

With the new version, this seems to take an age, and i'm not sure if the copy is failing or not.

The status show that most of the files have been copied, but it sits at "Duplicating state information..."

Our share point has about 2Tb of data, which takes about 1 hour to scan initially before copying, but last nights backup only needed ftp copy 2.4Gb of data. It's now been running for 4 hours!!!!

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, or I can see if the job has crashed.

This is running on an Intel Mac Pro with OSX 10.6.8

Thanks

The status show that most of the files have been copied, but it sits at "Duplicating state information..."

Retrospect 8 and 9 handles much more metadata than version 6. (That's why version 6 is "unsupported" on Mac OS X 10.6 or later).

It takes time to make sure the metadata is correct.

That said, if it is a simple file duplicate, there are better tools for just that: "Carbon Copy Cloner" and "SuperDuper". Both can be scheduled, at least the paid version.