sudden 1 TB limit?

I've been backing up a server from locally attached drives to a locally attached drive configured as a disk media backup, with no problems. Now I've changed it to backup the same server to another server using client software on the original server, and backing up to a fresh new disk media backup set. Now I'm getting this message:

- 4/13/12 11:07:59 AM: Copying Spots on humannysvr1x

#Can't add that much data to Backup Set

(limited to 1,024 GB)

4/13/12 11:08:13 AM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 10540 files, 492.1 GB

Completed: 0 files, 0 B, with 0% compression

Performance: 0 MB/minute

Duration: 00:00:14 (00:00:12 idle/loading/preparing)

Why is there a limitation on how much data can be added to a disk media set only when backing up a client, but not when backing up directly?

It was a disk media set. However I created another folder on the same disk. Maybe Retro somehow thinks that, because it doesn't "own" the whole disk, it's really a file media set?

BTW, there is a serious bug IMHO: If I try to use a script to copy a disk media set to a tape drive, Retro stops and asks for a new tape way before the tape is full. I have reproduced this on three different servers using LTO-4 and LTO-5 tape drives with the same results. I do not have this issue with copying file media sets, but these are limited to 1 TB in size - contrary to what the manual states, that file sizes are limited only to by file system in use. Makes this feature useless. Both bugs should be fixed.

However, in all cases that I tried, the copy media set included networked clients, so maybe that is the issue?