Upgrade From 8.x To 9, Where I Go ?

When the 8 version beta of Restrospect went out, i started to test it. It was a hard work to make it approximately work.

Then, in may 2009, I bought a license for a Single Server with 20 clients with ASM to support the team in their job of creating a totally new software, even if there were a lot of bugs...

In September 2011, i bought a server client license with ASM.

Since the beginning, I still have a lot of unfixed bugs that I should turn around. Sometimes, I need to totally wipe my backup and start a new one just because Retrospect think the backup is damaged and can't repair it for example.

I was waiting for a more stable 8.3 version and now, what I have is a paid 9.x option...

As you said (mayoff) in some posts, the update is not only a bug fix update, ok, but what I really needed WAS a bug fix...

So the choice is made and the update is here.

Now, I just don't know how to upgrade and at what price ?

My ASM seems to be ended since a long time, but NEVER someone asked me if I would like to renew it. I someone asked me I would have done it, but noone did...

Now, if I go to the website and I put my ServerLicence to know the upgrade price, it says me that no upgrade is available.

I read in a post that some had a way to renew their ASM, how ? Which price ? Can I ?

And what about the Server Client licenses bought in september ?

Thanks for your answers.

Guest eschw95458

Then, in may 2009, I bought a license for a Single Server with 20 clients with ASM to support the team in their job of creating a totally new software, even if there were a lot of bugs...

In September 2011, i bought a server client license with ASM.

If you really bought one in 9/11 you should be eligible to upgrade to v9 See this thread HERE and find the link open a ticket.

As for what you bought in 2009 I thought I saw Retrospect is giving a discount if you upgrade your asm. Again, you will have to look through the forums to find that thread.