Restoring A Failed Disk

I have Retrospect for win 7.7, and am encountering difficulties restoring an entire drive that has failed. The drive size was 500GB, and had ~310GB of data on it. When I access retrospect restore feature, I get some recent data and all my folder structures restored (totally about 44GB). During the restore process, I do see that the full 300+GB is set to be restored, but the process finishes with only the 40+ GB on the new destination drive (2TB, so plenty of space). I have 2 members in the backup set, but am not prompted for the earlier member when choosing the latest backup.

Help is appreciated!

Using the restore wizard:

-I select the latest snapshot

-Select a new location to restore to

-I've tried 'restore everything' and 'restore files and folders' - here, when I'm selecting folders to restore, it flags all folders as 'files/folders that already exist and do not need to be copied'

-now reads "restoing 114,653 files (307.1G) from SetA (DRIVE NAME(G:)) and snapshot date

-replace matching files 'only if backup set file is newer'

-summary reflects a restore of 307G and 114,653 files to new destination

-wizard competes and says "congratulations, your data has been successfully restored."

Folder structure is restored, but most files are missing. No errors.