Sudden Loss Of Serial Number

thePoet

I connected to the retrospect server this morning, and it has forgotten my license key. I reentered the key, the server appeared to accept it (asked me to register), and then promptly forgot the license again and required me to enter it again. After going through this circle I realized I wasn't going to get it to run this way. Any ideas on how to fix this?

The file is there. I went ahead and tried shutting down the server, removing the file, and restarting. I still have the same problem. I tried entering in random gibberish, and it went through the same process appearing to allow the serial briefly, so I'm guessing my serial is being denied for some reason. I'm not sure how to proceed.

Good new and strange news. I rebooted the entire computer, and now it all works. I hadn't done this as it seemed an extremely unlikely fix when restarting retrospect server from the control panel didn't do anything. But, I hadn't gotten any response from the official support forums, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Oddly, it had been running the entire time, so I still have backups. Somehow the client access had gotten itself into this state, and somehow rebooting fixed it.