No Members In Media Set

HI,

I have recently had a few issues with me MAC PRO 1.1 that is running Retrospect 8.20.

It has had its GCard replaced, and all boards cleaned/reseated. Nothing else has changed.

The main backup Media set has on the other hand decided it dose not want to have any Members anymore.

There should be 30 tapes associated with this media set.

So far I have restarted the machine a bunch of times as well as restarting the Retrospect engine but neither has helped return the members.

Also as a result of the Media set not having any members the set is unable to backed up to.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Rory

- Where is the Catalog file located?

- Can you Remove the Media Set, then Add it again? This would break any Scripts that use the Media Set, so you'd have to re-edit those afterwards.

The catalogue file is located on the boot partition of the machine.

Will removing the media set, then allow me to re-add using the catalogue file?

changing any scripts after the fact is fine I just want to make sure if i remove the media set the catalogue file can be re-added then added to (backed up to)?

Edited by RoryM

The main backup Media set has on the other hand decided it dose not want to have any Members anymore.

There should be 30 tapes associated with this media set.

Regardless of what you see in the Media Sets window, is Retrospect able to back up to this media set? We have found that the engine can know about a media set's members but sometimes refuses to report this information to the Retrospect console. Quitting and relaunching the console always used to fix this for us, but now sometimes we can't see the list of members until after the media set has been accessed for backup while the console is running.