Can't Find Network Drive As A Source...

servo15

I have a 2Gb Buffalo station on my network as the main file server.

From the control panel, when I click on sources it's nowhere to be seen. If I try to add it's IP address I get a 'not found' message.

Why is version 8 so much less useful than V6?

TBH my initial experience has been far from good... can't seem to add old catalogs like I did going from V4 through 5 to 6. And now I can't seem to add my fileserver in sources... which was a cinch under V6.

Why is version 8 so much less useful than V6?

I suppose it depends on how you use it.

Only locally attached devices show in Sources by default. Network share points have to be added with valid credentials.

If I try to add it's IP address I get a 'not found' message.

What was the exact URL you put in the Server field of the "Enter credentials to add the network share." drop-down sheet?

can't seem to add old catalogs like I did going from V4 through 5 to 6.

You mean my simply double-clicking them in the Finder? Yes, that worked well w/earlier versions. But since the Console and the Engine are separated that's not really possible anymore. Oh well, the "Locate" button works well enough.

I suppose it depends on how you use it.

Only locally attached devices show in Sources by default. Network share points have to be added with valid credentials.

What was the exact URL you put in the Server field of the "Enter credentials to add the network share." drop-down sheet?

You mean my simply double-clicking them in the Finder? Yes, that worked well w/earlier versions. But since the Console and the Engine are separated that's not really possible anymore. Oh well, the "Locate" button works well enough.

How do you mean...? I tried using the locate button as I had copied my old catalogs over from the previous version. I dropped them into the new Retrospect folder clicked on locate, navigated to the folder but the old catalog files are greyed out. Does this mean I can't back-up to the old catalog?