Missing Past Backups

Has anyone experienced the situation where certain backups do not appear in the list of Past Backups even though they do appear in the operations log and their snapshots are retrievable in a restore? The relevant scripts also appear in the list of past activities.

My usual fixes for misreported data—quitting/relaunching the console and stopping/restarting the engine—had no effect in this case, where those backups that completed between 11:39 PM on July 11 and noon on July 12, as well as between 1:16 PM and 10:00 PM on July 12, are simply missing from Past Backups. A possible relevant factor is that the missing backups were made to a tape backup set which required a new media member during the day on July 12. The past backups during this time window that are listed—those that completed between noon and 1:16 PM on July 12—were made to a different (disk) backup set.

Since I can retrieve from the tapes, I'd consider this to be a largely cosmetic issue, but it's still a little bit disturbing.

Has anyone experienced the situation where certain backups do not appear in the list of Past Backups even though they do appear in the operations log and their snapshots are retrievable in a restore?

Do you see them in the "Retrieve a backup" drop-down sheet after clicking the "Retrieve" button?

Do you see them in the "Retrieve a backup" drop-down sheet after clicking the "Retrieve" button?

Yes, they're there; perhaps not surprisingly since I could retrieve the relevant snapshots while setting up a restore.

I've noticed that the Past Backups window usually updates "live" after a backup completes, but sometimes it does not. In the latter case, quitting and relaunching the Console has up to now correctly updated the Past Backups list with at least the most recent backups.

However, as I now explore the Past Backups list (something I've never really done before—I've always used it as a quick check of who and what was backed up—I'm noticing that certain backups that were on the list yesterday or the day before are now gone, having been moved to the Retrieve list. Interestingly, all of the backups appearing on the Retrieve list—and there are hundreds—belong to only one of the three backup sets currently in use.

Do you know how the Past Backups list is supposed to work?