Console Stops Responding When Sending Email

I had to remove the Retrospect configuration files and set everything up again to get reports to show up. Reports work now, but the Retrospect Console stops responding when sending email. The server settings are the same as I was using before, which worked fine. I did manage to get it to send a test email through a different server, but the Retrospect Console still stopped responding, and I had to force quit it.

The console logs weren't of any help.

Any ideas on this one?

the Retrospect Console stops responding when sending email

The "Test" mail settings button is broken, and will freeze the console every time. But actual sending should work for basic SMTP servers (some server options are not supported, apparently including that used by google).

What steps are you taking?

Dave

The "Test" mail settings button is broken, and will freeze the console every time. But actual sending should work for basic SMTP servers (some server options are not supported, apparently including that used by google).

Thanks; I think the Test button was the cause of the problem. I clicked on it, it locked everything up, including the engine, and it was downhill from there. It seems to be working OK for now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...