Verify Individual Lto 3 Tapes

I just finished backing up 1.2 TB of new material, have 20 LTO3s in this set. Had to stop backup to erase an old LTO3 tape. Then I continued. At the end Retrospect verified the last tape, 20, but not 17, 18, and 19 that were used for this session.

How do I verify 17, 18 and 19 without having to verify all 20 tapes.

Thank you.

I just finished backing up 1.2 TB of new material, have 20 LTO3s in this set. Had to stop backup to erase an old LTO3 tape. Then I continued. At the end Retrospect verified the last tape, 20, but not 17, 18, and 19 that were used for this session.

How do I verify 17, 18 and 19 without having to verify all 20 tapes.

Thank you.

You start a verufy of the Media Set. When Retrospect asks for tapes 1-16, just say they are "Missing".

Then, when you verified the tapes you want, set tapes 1-16 to "Found".

Edited by Lennart Thelander

You start a verufy of the Media Set.

Just to clarify, what Lennart says to do will verify that the tapes are readable. It will not compare the data on the tape with what was on the source, which may be what you meant by "verify." If a backup is interrupted for any reason that causes the comparison phase not to complete, there is unfortunately no way to go back and compare the backed up version to the source.