unnecessary request for additional backup disks

spike

Hi,

I conduct 2 separate daily backups using retrospect single server disk to disk v.7.0.326 (restropect update v.7.06.108). All works fine for a few days then I am prompted to insert an additional backup DVD when none is required. My current workround is to erase the DVD, reconfigure the script and start again. After I have done this, all my data fits again onto one disk. The log gives me no clue as to why this happens. I know one other user who has the same problem and uses the same workround. Any thoughts?

Many thanks

hi spike,

you mean Lotus Notes? that may be the problem. i think what's happening is that that file increases by some amount each day, say it's anywhere from a few megs to a few hundred megs -->any change and Retrospect will BU the ENTIRE thing again. i think even just opening the program will change the modification date on that DB and Retrospect will want to back it up again.

could that be what's going on here?

No clue what I'm talking about, but it probably wants to copy the new/modified files before deleting the old ones as a way of making sure you always have a copy if something goes wrong. There's got to be a setting or script somewhere you can change for that. Kind of reminds me of the DOS days when I'd try to save an 1mb file to it's source floppy without first saving it somewhere else and removing the original.

Archived