Deleting and Duplicating

I'm new to using Retrospect 7 and can't find the answers to 2 questions:

1. How do I delete old Backup Sets that I do not want anymore?

2. In setting up for a Duplicate and I select a destination, a windows comes up "Really duplicate to xxxxxxx replacing all contents?" Will this delete other Backup Sets on the same HD?

dpfonts

Quote:

1. How do I delete old Backup Sets that I do not want anymore?

On the Mac version, it's Configure --> Backup Sets, highlight a backup set and then choose Forget from the extra menu that's appeared (sorry, I've only just this minute shot down my backup machine). After you've forgotten a backup set, you can manually delete the catalogue file from the disk - it'll be wherever you told Retrospect to put it when you created it.

Quote:

2. In setting up for a Duplicate and I select a destination, a windows comes up "Really duplicate to xxxxxxx replacing all contents?" Will this delete other Backup Sets on the same HD?

Yes, it will do exactly what it says on the tin ! It will duplicate the source to the destination - making the destination identical to the source. If you have files on the destination that aren't exact copies of stuff on the source then they will be deleted. Try making a subfolder (configure --> Volumes IIRC) on the destination and doing your Duplicate to that instead of the disk.

Archived