Problem with Norton Internet Security on Client

I recently installed Norton Internet Security on a client XP Pro SP2 system. It was previously being backed up without problem by Retrospect 6.5 Single Server, running on Windows 2000 Server.

I reinstalled Retrospect Client 6.5.136 on the problem system, and saw that the firewall settings were automatically made to allow it to operate. I ran an immediate backup from the server, and all goes ok until it starts trying to create snapshot. It goes along for a short while, but then it gets stuck working on "IIS Metabase". If I run the backup with System State excluded, it runs fine.

I have an idea the problem is something related to permissions re: IIS Metabase, but I don't know how to resolve it.

Suggestions?

Did that. The backup ran normally thru the point of creating a snapshot. It was while creating the snapshot, specifically listing "IIS Metabase" that the backup hung. I did it several times, finally leaving it at that point for a couple of hours, but it wouldn't go any further. When I reran the backup excluding system state, it ran fine.

I don't think it's the port 497 requirement.

Archived