Backup is skipping

Travan

I have two backup sets, each runs for one week. I do a full backup on Mondays and incrementals during the week (Tues-Friday) all starting at 9:00PM. Lately, on the first set (week1), the backup will not execute on Monday-Thursday, yet it ran this morning at 3:00AM doing a Full backup.

The second week seems to work fine.

The version I am using is Retrospect Express 6.0.222 OEM with driver update 3.1.104.

Any ideas?

The Full backup (recycle) failed again last night. And while I opened the log file, I was presented with a dialog box asking if I wanted the backup to run. In checking the logs, all I see is that the driver is updated, but nothing to indicate that the backup even attempts to run much less failing.

I hope this answers your question. This is getting to be too weird.

So it looks like the program isn't automatically launching to run the backups. Try going to Configure>Preferences, under Unattended, uncheck the Enable Retrospect Launcher service. Close out of Retrospect, restart the machine, relaunch Retrospect and recheck the Enable Retrospect Launcher service.

Backup worked for 2 days and suddenly stops again. I am trying your advice in msg #55567. and will see what happens. I didn't have this many problems on the previous machine. Now using a HP DX2000MT minitower. Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I turned off the sleep mode for the computer in the bios and turned off USB legacy support. Backup worked for 1 week and a day. Last night the backup did not work. The only thing that I could tell is that we lost power yesterday for a few seconds...

Still stumped and open to any ideas....

Archived