"Waiting for Storage Media"...

I'm trying to back up a server with 6.5.336. I can run an immediate backup, but when I try to run a Proactive, I get the following message: "Waiting for Storage Media." I get that in the Activity Monitor.

I let the backup sit, thinking that maybe the server was just busy at the time, but it's been weeks now and it says the same thing day after day.

I haven't had any similar problems with any of my other servers.

Any help?

Hi

The media request window is probably hidden behind the activity monitor. See if you can find what it is asking for. You can also set up email notification in configure->preferences->notification. That will tell you when Retrospect is waiting for a tape and what it wants.

Thanks

Nate

• 5 months later...

I can confirm this behaviour. I am running Retrospect Multi-Server, 6.5.350 under Windows 2000 Advanced Server (fully patched). My Proactive backups will not run. They are stuck in the "waiting for storage media" state.

I have email notifications turned on, and I receive no notification. There are no media request windows open. I have no idea what media it seeks. There's nothing reported in the Ops Log, History, Windows Event Log... nothing, nowhere; it's just stuck.

I have rebooted, relaunched Retrospect... to no avail...

• 1 year later...

Archived