Job getting stuck Moving Media...

Using Dantz 6.5 Multi Server...

Drive is a Overland Powerloader SDLT 220...

Basically - Retrospect gets stuck on Moving Media...

The only way I have managed to resolve or get round the issue is to issue the "Unload All/Eject Magazine" command - This does not eject the mag as i dont think the Overland supports this but it then resets the libary and allows the job to start.

I am having to do this daily to ensure that the job runs - if i forget then it gets stuck until i issue the command and then it's fine for that one night.

Can anyone help me out with this - can i issue the command automatically before each job ?

Hoping someone can help - thanks in advance.

Hi

Make sure the driver for the tape drive and autoloader are disabled in the windows device manager.

What SCSI card are you using? Are there any other SCSI devices attached? Does the configure-> devices-> Environment tab say you are using NT Passthrough or ASPI?

Thanks

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the Medium Changer and the Quantum SuperDLT devices are disabled in the Device Manager.

The Configure > Devices > Environment pages shows "Devices visable using ASPI..."

The card is a "Adaptec 29160LP Low Profile Ultra160 SCSI"

The drive is on ID 2 and the libary is on ID 6

I am still having to issue the Unload All/Eject Magazine command almost every day to get the job to run - if anyone can help then I would be very greatful...

thanks for your suggestions...

Hi

Have you tried NTpassthrough instead? To enable it, type ctrl + alt + P + P at any screen in Retrospect. A preferences window will appear. Under the execution heading select "use NTpassthrough".

Quit Retrospect once and launch it again.

You can also hold down the shift key and click on "eject all". This will clear the loader table in Retrospect.

Thanks

Nate

Hi

I would go with the basics first - different cables, terminators, changing SCSI IDs, new firmware for the loader etc. With SCSI devices even minor changes can make a big difference.

You can also try manually setting the transfer speed and settings on the SCSI card to match that of the loader.

Hope that helps

Nate

Archived